• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC A BIG IFFY!!!!

Chaim

Blitzer
Ok, so I have been studying with the Blitz course..... Awesome one I might add ;)

I have not taken any practice tests in for over two months. After about a month and a half of studying with the blitz course, I took coding cert.orgs practice exam and got a 63%, but got in the mid 80s with all three AAPC practice exams that I happened to take a little more than two months ago.

The thing is, I do not remember the AAPC answers, nor do most of the questions ring a bell except for a few (but even then, the answers were not submitted to memory except for a possibility of one and that is only because as I was reading the question, a buzz word popped out, and even then, I still needed to look up the correct code to make sure I was correct).

I'm worried that there is a slight possibility that I'm not ready for my exam in two days. I say slight, because the other half of my reasoning suggests that coding cert.org was the first practice exam I took in over two months rather than taking the AAPC practice exams first. This half of my reasoning suggests initial test taking jitters.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Chaim

Chaim

Blitzer
Let me add just in cloarify any confusion that I might create if I don't clarify this point - the AAPC practice exams that I took two months ago, I took again after taking coding cert.orgs exam.

This might already be understood, but I'm known to sometimes create this type of confusion, lol.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Which CCO exam did you take - one of the mini-mocks that are 60 questions each or one of our vendor endorsed exams that are 150 questions each?

I'd like to see you scoring an 85% on our practice exams before going into the real one. If you have time to take one more here is the link to the order of practice exams I recomend.

CPC Exam Sucesss Forumla

Chaim

Blitzer
I took the 60 question practice exam. Many of the questions that I failed on were understandable, and for some reason I overlooked the correct answer.

And I appreciate the help. It's almost 11pm here, but when I get off work tomorrow, I definitely plan on taking it.

Thank you :)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Look over the questions you got wrong and make a list of "Lessons Learned" such as "be sure to check for Excludes notes" or "Read carefully: -otomy vs. -ostomy" or whatever you missed. Keep adding to the list as you do your practice exams, and review the list often! Believe me, I had quite a list after taking many practice exams, but it paid off! This will bring to mind stuff you need to remember when you take the subsequent practice exams and the REAL exam so you avoid the same pitfalls.

Chaim

Blitzer
Yay! I retook the 60 question CCO practice exam and got a 81.7%!!!! I know, I know, it's not the 85% you were looking for, but I'm happy I passed this time. I just finished taking it a few minutes ago. 2 hours passed with only 5 questions left that I had to guess on. Originally when I took this test on monday (63%), and because I went over the ones I got wrong right after taking it the first time - this time today, I remembered why I got those ones wrong instead of memorizing the answers lol - which I would never do because that would be cheating myself out of knowing I'm good enough!

Anyways - quick quesion..... On one that I got wrong, it says the the pt is sent to an imaging facility where the Dr. meets the pt. The rationale says I got it wrong was because modifier 26 should not be added...... just to make 100% sure as per my understanding of what the rationale is trying to say..... the reason why modifier 26 is wrong is because the Dr. as well helped out with the technical component?

Question 28 of 60
Dr. Marvel has written a Rx for a voiding urethrocystography for his patient, Carl. Carl goes to the Imaging Facility to have his done. Dr. Albert, a radiologist, working at the Imaging Facility injects Carl with contrast media through a catheter and provides supervision and interpretation. Code the CPT code(s) for Dr. Albert.

Correct answer: D)
You chose: A)

A)
74455-26, 51600

B)
74450, 51600

C)

D)
74455, 51600

Dr. Albert:
74455 Urethrocystography, voiding, radiological supervision and interpretation
51600 Injection procedure for cystography or voiding urethrocystography.

Look up Urethrocystography which points to 74450 -74455.
Urethrocystography/ voiding points to 51600. Under 51600, there is a note: For radiological supervision and interpretation, see 74430, 74455. Code 74455 is the correct code for this case since the work is being done by a free standing radiology center (noted as Imaging Center in the description). Free standing radiology centers own the equipment so they get to bill for the full code, both the professional and technical components.

(Further, if Dr. Albert was working in a hospital, he would not get to code for the technical component, so if that were the case, A would have been correct. )

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! I plan on getting 100% tomorrow even though I got an 81.7 today!

Much love,

Chaim,

P.S.
I will let you know how I did!

Chaim

Blitzer
Oh wait - I just read the rationale again - because he WENT TO the free standing radiology center and SUPERVISED/INTERPRETED the work for his pt, that is why there is no mod 26. Where as if he DID NOT go there, and the test was SENT to his office where he interpreted and reported it, then mod 26 would be correct (or if he worked for a hospital).....Is this the correct understanding?

Thanks!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Keep on trucking Chaim - you're making good progress!